a whole nother

language and thoughts about it

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

Tripping and Falling

You know that feeling when you trip and you're about to fall but then you catch yourself? That in-between time of suspense sums up well how I feel this morning. Allow me to explain.


The trip...

This morning, Karen Barker, speaking to our seminar, said, "That's a whole other conversation..." Not only did she not say "nother" but she placed added emphasis on "other."

About to fall...

I was shocked, because I don't think that I have ever heard or read about this construction.

Catching myself...

But not a half-hour later, she said, "That's a whole nother conversation."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   August 2005   October 2005   November 2005   March 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?